Luxury Marrakech Mindfulness Retreat
The retreat in short
Want to book?
- Date: November 8 - November 11, 2018
- Teacher: Lucia Cockcroft
Want to book?
Unless you have booked to stay extra nights, arrivals by 3pm on November 8, 2018 is recommended.
The retreat will officially start on this evening, with our first evening class.
However, there is considerable flexibility in the arrival times.
We recommend leaving after 11am on November 11, 2018.
Option to stay extra nights at The Riad - arranged directly with the venue.
There are a wide range of airlines that fly to Marrkech ( RAK ) airport. We recommend BA, EasyJet and RyanAir. We recommend using a consolidator such as http://www.skyscanner.net/ to obtain the best priced flight.
Airport transfers are arranged on your behalf and are included in the cost of the retreat.
Want to book?
Why this retreat?
In a nutshell
Our intention is to offer a safe, relaxed and luxurious environment that is naturally conducive to mindfulness practice; one in which we can easily invite our awareness into the present moment by dropping into our bodies and senses to receive the sounds and smells of this evocative city.
The Thursday-to-Sunday schedule will include three led sessions (amounting to just under three hours in total) for every full day of the retreat, one of which will be a mindful movement/very gentle yoga class. We include one massage over the course of the long weekend, at the on-site spa.
As such, this retreat is not for those looking for an intensive experience with early starts and a busy schedule of led meditation (this is offered plentifully and expertly elsewhere). Please also note: unlike our Norfolk mindfulness weekends, there will not be a period of formal silence.
Our host accommodation
We were immediately struck by the Riad's exceptional ambiance and service levels; also by its amenities, which include (unusually for Marrakech) a warm heated swimming pool, a small roof-top spa, and a jacuzzi. Mindfulness sessions will be held on the lovely roof terrace, or downstairs in the atmospheric courtyard.
As to be expected with this standard of venue, meals are delicious, varied and home-cooked (and always vegetarian), enjoyed on the roof terrace or in the dining room by the courtyard.
Lucia has a long-standing yoga and meditation practice. She has been teaching yoga and meditation for ten years, and has a Postgraduate Certificate in Mindfulness Approaches (Teaching 1) from the University of Bangor – one of the few internationally-recognised pathways for mindfulness teachers.
She is privileged to count Jon Kabat-Zinn, Christina Feldman, John Peacock and Thick Nhat Hanh as amongst her meditation teachers – having attended retreats or training events with these wonderful teachers over the years.
(All prices per person)
Single room (double bed) en-suite
- Standard: £899 per person
Twin/double room en-suite
- Standard: room £799 per person
- Anyone seeking to practice mindfulness with a big dose of luxury
- Anyone seeking to practice mindfulness in an exotic but safe, nurturing environment
- Anyone new to mindfulness or meditation looking for a boutique taster weekend, in a special setting
- Anyone with an established mindfulness or meditation practice looking to re-ignite practice
- Anyone interested in a luxury mindfulness weekend with a relatively 'light' schedule that allows plenty of free time
- Boutique en-suite accommodation
- Three meals a day: breakfast, light lunch, three-course evening meal
- Afternoon tea
- All mindfulness classes
- Airport transfers
What's not included?
- Flights *
- Travel insurance
- Any massages or other treatments booked
- Any wine or alcohol
* Please see details above in the 'getting there' section.
A typical day
On this trip, your days will look something like this:
- 7.45-8.45am: Mindfulness session, including Gentle Mindful Movement
- 9am: Breakfast
- 12-12.30pm: Mindfulness session
- 1-2pm:Light Lunch
- 4:00pm: Afternoon tea
- 5-6pm:Mindfulness session
- 7pm: Three-course evening dinner
All meals are vegetarian by default